2013년 5월 2일 목요일

Lego Ads

As I walked past a Toys R Us this afternoon, I saw a lot of parents holding Lego boxes in their hands.
I guess they were preparing for Children’s Day.
I believe almost everyone has fond memories of playing with Lego as a child.
Indeed, Lego was my favorite toy in my childhood.
Not to mention that I loved building things with it, I enjoyed destroying Lego castles built by my cousin. Back then, he hated me.
Reminiscing about the old days with Lego, I brought some Lego ads.
I would like to share their creativity. They are truly brilliant.




The first set of ads looks simple but somewhat confusing.
For a while, I did not know what the blocks are for.
I got a hint from the short slogan in the upper-right-hand corner, “Imagine.”
Right. Lego stimulates our imagination. The blocks are Donald Ducks!
The next one is pretty obvious. They are Smurfs.



There is another great ad whose slogan is also “Imagine.”
For me, this one was quite hard to guess.
There is only a block looks like a pipe on a wide blue canvas.
What does it mean? Take a wild guess!
Well, it is a submarine under the sea!
I think it is literally an amazing advertisement.



Next, I think many students may have done this activity in class.
However, instead of finding words, let’s find components of a spaceship!
What a fun idea!



With a paint work, the Braille guiding blocks on the floors became Lego bricks.
Like this, sometimes ads can be successful even without spending a fortune.

Lego ads are as fun as playing with Lego!



댓글 2개:

  1. Is there a Toys R Us in Korea?

    I heard about the existence of a place called Lego Land, but can't remember where this theme park is located. Maybe Tokyo? Or France?

    답글삭제
    답글
    1. Yes, there are several stores in Seoul. The one I passed by is located in Jamsil Lotte Mart.

      Wow, Lego Land sounds awesome!

      삭제